There are many ways you can serve this church and its people. You may help with sunday school classes, become an usher, become a fellowship host after church, sing or play a music piece at church, become a member of one of our church choirs, act as a lay reader or be active in one of our committees or teams, ... You might just create a new serving post yourself. And let's not forget the most important type of contribution - be present - come to the worship service and the many other events that take place during the year. We are looking forward to you and we will show our appreciation to any help and support you can provide.
The English-Speaking United Methodist Church of Vienna is supported entirely by contributions of members and friends. We welcome financial support of our work in Vienna and our mission projects elsewhere.
- For tax-deductible contributions in US dollars, please make your check payable to any local United Methodist Church for "ESUMC Vienna, Advance Special #12001-A." Your donation will come to us through the UMC Advance Special channels (see Advance Special link).
- For donations within Europe, you may transfer directly to Bank Austria, with the following identification:
Account No. (Konto): 00620161208
BIC code: BKAUATWW
Financial Campaign for 2011After more than 30 years of the ESUMC, we are still growing.
- We have young adults who have grown up here in Sunday School and worship and are now taking on their own roles as leaders in the congregation.
- We now have more and larger small groups than ever before – more people connecting and participating, serving and sharing, learning and growing.
- In September we had an average attendance of 120 adults and children! Annual averages are slightly less, but still growing each year.
- This year there are more people giving more and giving more regularly than ever before.
- We cannot grow much more in our sanctuary, but in the Vienna International Gospel Choir, we have both another choir and, essentially, a second ‘congregation’.
On Nov. 14, 2010 we started our financial campaign for 2011. We invite you to consider prayerfully what you will give to God’s work at the ESUMC for next year, and to pledge that amount. It is not a contract; this estimate can be changed as your situation changes, for better or for worse. In the summer of 2011 our pastor Rev. Laura Trent left after seven wonderful years of service at ESUMC. We estimate pastor transition costs of up to EUR 12,000 or 15% of our budget. Therefore, our financial campaign goals are raising on a one-time basis our regular donations through an Estimate of Giving card (or by email) by 10%. We hope to also further increase our list of donors by 5%.
You may mail your Estimate of Giving in an envelope to the church or bring it and place it in the offering basket or our "Financial Campaign Box". If you have any questions, please ask Franz Haslinger (Finance Chair), Markus Beuchert (Financial Secretary) or Pastor Kathy Young.
Please read previous pastor Laura Trent's Financial Campaign Letter for 2011 and check out Christian Horvath's Growing...at ESUMC letter.