Issued on 24 June 2020 at 14:15
I continue to pray for all of you during this time. We continue to look to God during these trying times, asking God for protection and safety and wisdom and guidance. Cautiously, we continue to slowly ease restrictions for public worship and church building usage.
With immediate effect, I issue these new guidelines for Sunday morning worship and church building usage.
- Worship attendees must maintain a 1 meter distance from people outside of their household. Households and family units may sit together during worship.
- Singing during worship is now permitted as along worship attendees maintain a 1 meter distance from people outside their household. Worship attendees are asked to sing at a moderate level.
- Face masks are no longer required. However, we still recommend that worship attendees wear masks whenever they are not seated in the sanctuary.
- Tea and coffee fellowship will be offered after worship in the back garden if weather permits; attendees should maintain a 1 meter distance from people outside of their household in the back garden.
Additionally, several existing guidelines remain in place.
- Worship attendees must sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- Children attending worship must remain with their parents during the entire worship service.
- Doors and windows will be opened to allow the free movement of air.
- Worship attendees should refrain from shaking hands, hugging, or kissing others.
- Worship attendees are asked to not congregate in the entry corridor, atrium, or fellowship hall. When arriving at the church, worship attendees should move directly to their seats after they sanitize their hands.
Groups or committees wishing to use the church building should first contact me before planning meetings or gatherings.
For the foreseeable future, our Sunday morning worship will continue to be broadcast online via Zoom. You are welcome to stay at home and join worship online.
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday online or in-person.