Dear ESUMC members and friends,
Blessings and peace in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. In worship this Sunday, we shall reflect upon the transfiguration of Jesus upon the mountaintop, in the presence of the disciples and prophets. Please join us via Zoom on Sunday for this holy moment, as Jesus is revealed as the true Son of God—fully human and fully divine.
We especially invite the children of our congregation to join us, for this Sunday we shall resume our weekly Children’s Time. Each week, a lay member of our congregation will deliver a special message to our children that reflects the day’s Scripture readings or theme. This Sunday, Children’s Time shall be led by Shelley Brauneis, ESUMC Sunday School coordinator. And families…don’t be late to worship! Children’s Time will take place near the start of the service, just after the opening prayer.
As a reminder, in accordance with the restrictions of the ongoing nationwide lockdown, our church sanctuary and office remain closed.
This Sunday, 14 February, and for the foreseeable future, there shall be no in-person worship service at the church. Instead, the Sunday worship service shall be streamed online via Zoom, starting at 11:15 as usual.
Sunday 14 February, Transfiguration Sunday,
2 Kings 2:1-12
Special live music by Alex Enders, “Improvisation”
The Zoom login details for Sunday worship are the same each week: Click https://zoom.us/j/91289841537?pwd=OEIzVjlUOW5WVlZpZzhURWxCVWVPZz09Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
We express our sincere thanks to those church members who serve with me during the lockdown to bring you our Sunday worship services online.
For pastoral care or other ministry assistance, please be in touch with me at any time. You may reach me via mobile (0664-419-3200) by Signal, iMessage, text/SMS, or telephone.
May God’s blessing be upon you and your loved ones.
Yours in Christ,
The Rev. John Calhoun
Please note the following congregational announcements for the coming week:
1) On Wednesday 17 February, please join us for an online service of worship commemorating Ash Wednesday, the start of the Lenten season. The service shall begin at 18:30.https://zoom.us/j/91289841537?pwd=OEIzVjlUOW5WVlZpZzhURWxCVWVPZz09Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
2) Every Tuesday, you are invited to join Pastor John for a time of open conversation and fellowship, from 10:00 to 11:00 via Zoom.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89198841751?pwd=ejVHcEVYS2xKaC8xNkFpRVo4TmRUUT09
Meeting ID: 891 9884 1751
3) Every Tuesday, our Wärmestube outreach to persons in need operates at the church from 12:00 to 14:00. Volunteers are welcome to serve, and donations of ready-to-eat canned goods (Gulasch, Reisfleisch, soups, etc.) are welcome. For more information, please contact Doreen Ighama or Pastor John.
4) Every Thursday, we continue our weekly Bible study of the gospel of Mark, led by Pastor John. Join us from 19:00 to 20:30 via Zoom.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89198841751?pwd=ejVHcEVYS2xKaC8xNkFpRVo4TmRUUT09
Meeting ID: 891 9884 1751
5) Please remember to support the ministry of ESUMC with your financial offerings. Donations can be made by bank transfer at any time using the following details:IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
You may also give using the new QR code below. Thank you!
Additionally, secure online credit card donations may be made via The
Advance, the giving platform of the UMC Global Ministries. All donations
made via The Advance are eligible for US federal income tax deduction.
Visit ESUMC’s Advance page for more details and to give.
ESUMC bank details:
IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208