Dear ESUMC members and friends,
Christian greetings to you all!
It was a great pleasure to join together this past Sunday following worship for Coffee Hour Fellowship in the garden behind the sanctuary. We are especially grateful to David and Connie Lee for hosting this first fellowship, and serving as ESUMC’s Hospitality Coordinators.
Please support our fellowship ministry by volunteering to host an upcoming Coffee Hour. To learn more about hosting, or to volunteer, please contact David and Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0676-460-5343.
We remind all members of the following guidelines regarding fellowship that have been put into place to ensure our safety and compliance with government regulations:
- Coffee Hour Fellowship shall only be held outside in the garden; no organized fellowship shall take place indoors.
- Participation in Coffee Hour Fellowship shall be restricted to persons who are 3-G compliant. (This is because Coffee Hour Fellowship is considered as “gastronomy,” and thus regulated like a restaurant or cafe.)
- Children under the age of 6 are exempt from 3-G compliance.
Thank you for your understanding and support, and please be in touch with me if you have any questions.
Join us for worship and fellowship on Sunday!
Yours in Christ,Pastor John
Sunday 18 July 2021, Eighth Sunday after PentecostEphesians 2:1-11Mark 6:30-34, 53-56Special music: An Original Composition for the Piano, by Sophie Anusie
The Zoom login details for Sunday worship are the same each week: Click https://zoom.us/j/91289841537?pwd=OEIzVjlUOW5WVlZpZzhURWxCVWVPZz09Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
New! You may also watch the worship service each week via Livestream, at https://tv.emk.at.
1) Starting today, the Chancel Choir shall rehearse each Sunday in the sanctuary following worship and a brief Coffee Hour.
2) The sign-up form for VBS 2021 is ready and so are we! From the 9th to the 13th of August between 9am and 3pm, we will host Vacation Bible School for kids ages 5-12. The theme for this year is Bible Safari Adventure, so tell your kids to pack their bags for a tour of the biblical animal kingdom. Fun facts, Bible stories and a whole lot of fun await so sign up now to join in the fun! For questions or more information, please contact Shelley at email@example.com.
To sign up, go to this link: https://forms.gle/8aYxEQpZhve9Woe59 or use the QR code below:
The annual Austrian UMC camps for children and youth will be held 15-21
August in Losenstein. For more information and to register, please go
4) On Friday 8 October, the UMC in Austria will celebrate its 150th anniversary with a special worship service and festival. ESUMC members and friends are invited to register to request a seat at the event. Seating is limited, and registration will close on September 15. Starting September 16, you shall be informed of your potential participation. To register, go to https://events.emk.at.
A Reminder of In-Person Worship Guidelines During the Lockdown
At present, ESUMC is open for in-person Sunday worship, with the following guidelines:
- One meter of social distance shall be maintained.
- A mask covering the mouth and nose is required when entering and leaving the sanctuary.
- If you are 3-G compliant, you may remove your mask while at your worship seat. All others must remain masked for the duration of the worship service.
- Coffee Hour Fellowship following the service in the garden is open to persons who are 3-G compliant.
We thank you for your understanding, and will share additional updates as warranted.
Please remember to support the ministry of ESUMC with your financial offerings. Donations may be made by bank transfer at any time using the following details:IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
BIC: BKAUATWWYou may also give using the QR code below. Thank you!
Additionally, secure online credit card donations may be made via The Advance, the giving platform of the UMC Global Ministries. All donations made via The Advance are eligible for US federal income tax deduction. Visit ESUMC’s Advance page for more details and to give.
ESUMC bank details:
IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
Please note: If you no longer wish to receive this weekly e-mail update, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject box._______________________________________________
English-Speaking United Methodist Church of Vienna
Sechshauser Straße 56, Vienna 1150 Austria
Rev. John Calhoun, Pastor+43-664-419-3200