Dear ESUMC members and friends,
This evening I bring you Christian greetings from Stuttgart, Germany, where I am part of the leadership team for the Institute for Multicultural Ministry, a week-long training program for pastors of multicultural congregations in Europe. It’s been a blessed week, filled with inspired learning and joyful fellowship. I shall return to Vienna on Monday.
I invite you to join ESUMC for worship on Sunday, where the worship service shall be led by our lay members, and the sermon shall be given by Jerry Barton. Thank you, Jerry, for your leadership and inspiration!
May God bless you all, and keep you in peace and joy.
Yours in Christ,Pastor John
Sunday 29 August 2021, Fourteenth Sunday after PentecostJames 1:17-27Mark 7:1-8,14-15, 21-23Sermon by Jerry BartonSpecial Music by Maria-Tobler Kudaya on the recorder
The Zoom login details for Sunday worship are the same each week: Click https://zoom.us/j/91289841537?pwd=OEIzVjlUOW5WVlZpZzhURWxCVWVPZz09Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
You may also watch the worship service each week via Livestream, at https://tv.emk.at.
1) Join us for Coffee Hour Fellowship in the garden (weather permitting) following Sunday worship. 3-G compliance is required for all aged 6 and up. Please volunteer to host Coffee Hour Fellowship by placing your name on the sign up sheet at church, or contact David and Connie Lee, ESUMC Hospitality Coordinators, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0676-460-5343.
2) The Chancel Choir rehearses each Sunday in the sanctuary following worship and a brief Coffee Hour. All adults who are 3-G compliant are welcome.
3) Upper Room daily devotional booklets for September-December 2021 are now available at church. Suggested donation is 5 Euros.
4) From 24-30 August, Pastor John is in Stuttgart, Germany, helping to lead a training event for pastors of multicultural churches. In case of emergency, contact Pastor Stefan Schröckenfuchs at 0699-1148-4210.
5) All youth aged 14-18 are invited to join the Wesleyan Choir. Starting on 5 September, the Wesleyan Choir shall resume weekly rehearsals following Sunday worship. Youth taking part in choir rehearsals and performances must be 3-G compliant. For more information, please feel free to speak with Deborah Koll-Petty.6) On Friday 8 October, the UMC in Austria will celebrate its 150th anniversary with a special worship service and festival. ESUMC members and friends are invited to register to request a seat at the event. Seating is limited, and registration will close on September 15. Starting September 16, you shall be informed of your potential participation. To register, go to https://events.emk.at.
A Reminder of Current In-Person Worship Guidelines
At present, ESUMC is open for in-person Sunday worship, with the following guidelines:
- One meter of social distance shall be maintained.
- A mask covering the mouth and nose is required when entering and leaving the sanctuary.
- If you are 3-G compliant, you may remove your mask while at your worship seat. All others must remain masked for the duration of the worship service.
- Coffee Hour Fellowship following the service in the garden is open to persons who are 3-G compliant.
We thank you for your understanding, and will share additional updates as warranted.
Please remember to support the ministry of ESUMC with your financial offerings. Donations may be made by bank transfer at any time using the following details:IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
BIC: BKAUATWWYou may also give using the QR code below. Thank you!
Additionally, secure online credit card donations may be made via The Advance, the giving platform of the UMC Global Ministries. All donations made via The Advance are eligible for US federal income tax deduction. Visit ESUMC’s Advance page for more details and to give.
ESUMC bank details:
IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208