Dear ESUMC members and friends,
I offer you grace and peace in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I apologize for the length of this newsletter, but I kindly ask you to take note of the following important information.
First, in worship this Sunday we shall celebrate the “Blessing of the Backpacks,” as we pray for our children, teachers, and parents at the start of the new school year. Although because of Covid restrictions we shall not invite the children forward, they are still welcome to bring their backpacks to worship on Sunday.
Also, with the rise of Covid cases and hospitalizations, the start of the school year, and the presence of persons in our community who may be at particular risk, there have been some adjustments to the regulations regarding ESUMC worship.
Worship. Starting this Sunday, all persons (regardless of 3-G status) will be asked to wear a mask for the entire duration of the worship service. Worship leaders will be 3-G compliant, and may remove their masks while leading worship. If a member of the congregation needs to remove a mask for a brief period during worship (to assist with breathing), this shall be allowed while maintaining the required social distance.
Fellowship and Choirs. There is no change in these categories: participation in outdoor fellowship and choir rehearsals shall be limited to persons who are 3-G compliant, and thus may remove their masks.
Sunday School. We are making plans for ESUMC Sunday School for children aged 5-14 to resume on Sunday 3 October. All participants in the Sunday School program, both teachers and children, must be 3-G compliant. For this purpose, antigen quick tests performed at home would be acceptable, and we shall offer antigen quick tests at church on Sunday mornings. In the coming weeks, we will share additional information about participation in Sunday School. We thank you for your cooperation.
Lastly, attached please find a copy of the September-October 2021 ESUMC newsletter, which includes more information on these matters, as well as news about upcoming events.
Yours in Christ,Pastor John
Sunday 5 September 2021, Fourteenth Sunday after PentecostJames 2:1-10,14-17Mark 7:24-37Special Music by the Chancel Choir, “Canon of Praise”
The Zoom login details for Sunday worship are the same each week: Click https://zoom.us/j/91289841537?pwd=OEIzVjlUOW5WVlZpZzhURWxCVWVPZz09Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
You may also watch the worship service each week via Livestream, at https://tv.emk.at.
1) Join us for Coffee Hour Fellowship in the garden (weather permitting) following Sunday worship. 3-G compliance is required for all aged 6 and up. Please volunteer to host Coffee Hour Fellowship by placing your name on the sign up sheet at church, or contact David and Connie Lee, ESUMC Hospitality Coordinators, at email@example.com or 0676-460-5343.
2) Join an ESUMC choir!
- This week the Wesleyan Choir resumes rehearsals following Sunday worship All youth aged 14-18 are invited to join the Wesleyan Choir. For more information, please feel free to speak with Deborah Koll-Petty.
- Also this week the African Singers and Drummers choir resumes rehearsals following Sunday worship, under the leadership of John Kojo Ampia-Addison.
- The Chancel Choir rehearses each Sunday in the sanctuary following worship and a brief Coffee Hour.
Please note: All choir participants must be 3-G compliant.
3) Weekly Bible Study resumes on Tuesday 7 September at 19:00, with Pastor John leading a ten-week course on the Ten Commandments via Zoom:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89198841751?pwd=ejVHcEVYS2xKaC8xNkFpRVo4TmRUUT09Meeting ID: 891 9884 1751
4) Upper Room daily devotional booklets for September-December 2021 are now available at church. Suggested donation is 5 Euros.
On Friday 8 October, the UMC in Austria will celebrate its 150th
anniversary with a special worship service and festival. ESUMC members
and friends are invited to register to request a seat at the event.
Seating is limited, and registration will close on September 15.
Starting September 16, you shall be informed of your potential
participation. To register, go to https://events.emk.at.
A Reminder of Current In-Person Worship Guidelines
At present, ESUMC is open for in-person Sunday worship, with the following guidelines:
- A mask covering the mouth and nose is required in the church building, and during the worship service.
- One meter of social distance shall be maintained.
- Coffee Hour Fellowship following the service in the garden is open to persons who are 3-G compliant.
We thank you for your understanding, and will share additional updates as warranted.
Please remember to support the ministry of ESUMC with your financial offerings. Donations may be made by bank transfer at any time using the following details:IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
BIC: BKAUATWWYou may also give using the QR code below. Thank you!
Additionally, secure online credit card donations may be made via The Advance, the giving platform of the UMC Global Ministries. All donations made via The Advance are eligible for US federal income tax deduction. Visit ESUMC’s Advance page for more details and to give.
ESUMC bank details:
IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208