Dear ESUMC members and friends,
Greetings and peace to you! As previously announced, I am happy to share the good news that starting this Sunday 7 March, the doors of the ESUMC sanctuary will be open for in-person worship for up to 50 persons, with worship starting at 11:15. At the same time, all Sunday worship services shall continue to be streamed via Zoom. It will be a joy to welcome the congregation back to the sanctuary.
As we know, for several months we have not been able to celebrate the sacrament of Holy Communion. To help ensure access to the sacrament to all who wish to partake, Holy Communion will be offered during in-person worship for the next two Sundays, 7 and 14 March.
In anticipation of our return to the sanctuary, please allow me to remind you of the following guidelines for in-person worship:
- All persons must write their name and contact details upon arrival. (This information shall be destroyed after 14 days.)
- A distance of 2 meters from persons from other households must be maintained.
- FFP-2 masks must be worn at all times. (Worship leaders who remove their masks to speak or sing will have been tested before the worship service.)
- The congregation shall not sing.
- Children’s Time shall be offered, but children will not be invited to the front of the sanctuary.
- The offering plates shall not be passed; members shall be encouraged to leave their Loose Plate Offerings in a box in the rear of the sanctuary.
- There shall be no Sunday School or organized fellowship; informal conversation should be kept to a minumum.
Lastly, please let us take responsibility for one another’s health and well being. If you have a fever, feel sick, or show any symptoms of illness, please do not come to the sanctuary for worship.
Every Sunday, our Covid Prevention representatives will be on hand to assist the congregation to follow the requirements associated with in-person worship. If you have any questions or concerns, please be in touch with the Worship Committee or me.
Thank you for your prayerful support, and I look forward to welcoming you soon in person for worship!
Yours in Christ,
The Rev. John Calhoun
Sunday 7 March, Third Sunday of Lent with Holy Communion
Special live music by Patricia Koll-Hood and Marilyn Brandl, “Meditation from Thais”
The Zoom login details for Sunday worship are the same each week:
Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
Please note the following congregational announcements for the coming week:
1) Every Tuesday, you are invited to join Pastor John for a time of open conversation and fellowship, from 10:00 to 11:00 via Zoom.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89198841751?pwd=ejVHcEVYS2xKaC8xNkFpRVo4TmRUUT09
Meeting ID: 891 9884 1751
2) Every Tuesday, our Wärmestube outreach to persons in need operates at the church from 12:00 to 14:00. Volunteers are welcome to serve, and donations of ready-to-eat canned goods (Gulasch, Reisfleisch, soups, etc.) may be brought to the sanctuary on Sunday. For more information, please contact Doreen Ighama or Pastor John.
3) Every Thursday, we continue our weekly Bible study of the gospel of Mark, led by Pastor John. Join us from 19:00 to 20:30 via Zoom.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89198841751?pwd=ejVHcEVYS2xKaC8xNkFpRVo4TmRUUT09
Meeting ID: 891 9884 1751
4) Please remember to support the ministry of ESUMC with your financial offerings. Donations may be made by bank transfer at any time using the following details:IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
BIC: BKAUATWWYou may also give using the new QR code below. Thank you!
Additionally, secure online credit card donations may be made via The Advance, the giving platform of the UMC Global Ministries. All donations made via The Advance are eligible for US federal income tax deduction.
Visit ESUMC’s Advance page for more details and to give.
ESUMC bank details:
IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208