Dear ESUMC members and friends,
Greetings and peace to you, and I hope you are enjoying these summer days.
As previously announced, this Sunday we shall resume Coffee Hour Fellowship following the worship service. In order to remain compliant with city and national regulations, and to ensure one another’s safety and well-being, the following guidelines regarding fellowship are in place:
- Coffee Hour Fellowship shall only be held outside in the garden; no organized fellowship shall take place indoors.
- Participation in Coffee Hour Fellowship shall be restricted to persons who are 3-G compliant. (This is because Coffee Hour Fellowship is considered as “gastronomy,” and thus regulated like a restaurant or cafe.)
- Children under the age of 6 are exempt from 3-G compliance.
Thank you for your understanding and support, and please be in touch with me if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you for worship and fellowship on Sunday!
Yours in Christ,Pastor John
Sunday 11 July 2021, Seventh Sunday after PentecostEphesians 1:3-14Mark 6:14-29Special music: “How Great Thou Art,” performed by Bethany and Kelsey Enders
The Zoom login details for Sunday worship are the same each week: Click https://zoom.us/j/91289841537?pwd=OEIzVjlUOW5WVlZpZzhURWxCVWVPZz09Meeting ID: 912 8984 1537
New! You may also watch the worship service each week via Livestream, at https://tv.emk.at.
1) As noted above, Coffee Hour Fellowship after the worship service will resume this Sunday in the garden behind the sanctuary (weather permitting). Please volunteer to host Fellowship by placing your name on the sign up sheet at church. For more information, you may contact David and Connie Lee, ESUMC Hospitality Coordinators, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0676-460-5343.
2) The sign-up form for VBS 2021 is ready and so are we! From the 9th to the 13th of August between 9am and 3pm, we will host Vacation Bible School for kids ages 5-12. The theme for this year is Bible Safari Adventure, so tell your kids to pack their bags for a tour of the biblical animal kingdom. Fun facts, Bible stories and a whole lot of fun await so sign up now to join in the fun! For questions or more information, please contact Shelley at email@example.com.
To sign up, go to this link: https://forms.gle/8aYxEQpZhve9Woe59 or use the QR code below:
The annual Austrian UMC camps for children and youth will be held 15-21
August in Losenstein. For more information and to register, please go
4) On Friday 8 October, the UMC in Austria will celebrate its 150th anniversary with a special worship service and festival. ESUMC members and friends are invited to register to request a seat at the event. Seating is limited, and registration will close on September 15. Starting September 16, you shall be informed of your potential participation. To register, go to https://events.emk.at.
A Reminder of In-Person Worship Restrictions During the Lockdown
At present, ESUMC is open for in-person Sunday worship, with the following guidelines:
- One meter of social distance shall be maintained.
- A mask covering the mouth and nose is required when entering and leaving the sanctuary.
- If you are 3-G compliant, you may remove your mask while at your worship seat. All others must remain masked for the duration of the worship service.
- Coffee Hour Fellowship following the service in the garden is open to persons who are 3-G compliant.
We thank you for your understanding, and will share additional updates as warranted.
Please remember to support the ministry of ESUMC with your financial offerings. Donations may be made by bank transfer at any time using the following details:IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208
BIC: BKAUATWWYou may also give using the QR code below. Thank you!
Additionally, secure online credit card donations may be made via The Advance, the giving platform of the UMC Global Ministries. All donations made via The Advance are eligible for US federal income tax deduction. Visit ESUMC’s Advance page for more details and to give.
ESUMC bank details:
IBAN: AT23 1200 0006 2016 1208